Wednesday, July 6

Sunday Best

2011 07 05_1702 I finally finished these dresses for the girls that I started back in March. With the house cleaning and showings I had a hard time finding the time. Fiona chose the fabric for this dress also. I love how the orange looks on them. It's also not something you would see in the stores, so that makes is special.

I used this pattern from Simplicity. The number is 2683. At first glance it looks like a simple A-line style. I thought it would be a quick sew.
Photo

2011 07 05_1710
It turns out that is had small gathers along the empire waist, waistband, ties, and gathered sleeves.  All these are simple to do but add extra time to the construction. Of course they also make the dress stand out.

I just love the detail on the sleeve!
2011 07 05_1712Here is a detail photo of the waistband from the side. You can see the little gathered area and where the waist band and ties meet.  2011 07 05_1714I had even purchased coordinating shirts for the boys. It was so nice to finally see it all together!
2011 07 05_1707
I love this pattern and would use it again, as square necklines are one of my favorite styles.

2011 07 05_1711

1 comment:

  1. The dresses are adorable on the girls. Love the pattern. I'm glad you did a looking down picture. It's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails