Monday, April 27

Whats been going on...

The last time I posted it was April 16. I just managed to get my photo up and crash, I was no longer able to access anything on the Internet. So we took the computer to the shop and happily all is well for now. Of course being that my poor overworked laptop is getting on in years it could happen again and so we are looking to purchase something new in the future. In the past 10 days or so we have been busy settling! Yep, you read that right we are staying put at least until the end of the summer. All job offers have fallen through for various reasons and it looks like Pfizer may just keep things running here. Of course if they do not we will worry about it then.
So in the spirit of staying put we began major yard projects! One must get the garden in so David purchased the lawn tractor he had been holding off doing and is tilling up the ground in anticipation of fresh vegetables. Right now they are happily growing on the front porch but need a new home soon. I will have my canning season after all. I even planned our schooling around it.

New flower beds in the front yard. I thought this would be an easy project but it turns out to be full of gravel and is taking me a lot longer that I planned. It won't have flowers this year but hopefully next!

We have been going to yard sales on the weekends and I found some great finds. I purchased this old kitchen scale for 5.00. I have always wanted one just like my Mom's, Miles chose the green color because he thought it would match best. He's learning fast!


I also got two chairs and a sofa for 25.00 They are from IKEA and fit perfectly in the front room. The couch I sent to the basement, its way to modern for me and will be perfect for movie watching down there. I can't wait to make some slipcovers for these chairs but for now the white works in the space and not to dirty. I love having seating for people! Next up for this room is curtains and paint. It's the last room on the first floor to be done. Still need some furniture also, a coffee table of sorts, end table between the chairs and a nicer sofa that's not blue!


I did some redecorating in the house as well. I had to move the china because I was worried about it falling off the shelves with the boys running through the house as they get bigger. I was tired of it there anyway. I went with live plants and natural decor. I love the look! I got the little pots at IKEA and planted various seedums in them, added a few things from around the house and done!


I also spent time scrapbooking! I got tired of things calling to me from my room every time I walked by and sat down and did something about it! I don't have anything actually 100% completed yet as I couldn't use the computer for journaling and changing photo size, I hope to get some of the 40 pages I worked on completed, but many are done enough for the children to look at. They love waking up every morning and seeing what I have done. I am also happy to report that I am still scraping even with the computer back, making sure I don't spend to much time here as its so easy to get sucked in, can't get enough of decorating blogs lately.


Before the heat wave this weekend we went outside for a mini photo shoot. I took some pictures of the budding trees and flowers and my growing boys. Boy am I glad I did the heat caused everything to turn green fast. No more buds in my yard and the boys just seem to have gotten so big!



Did I mention we don't really have "flowers" just LOTS of dandelions.

This weekend we spent working on the yard, going to yard sales, playing in the pool, eating ice cream and picnicking at Valley Forge. A great summer weekend in the month of April.



This photo of Miles was taken at Valley Forge, he is really starting to look so grown up! Where did this man child come from???

Sorry for such a long post, I could have broken it down but it just seemed easier this way. We are enjoying the simple life, all of our scheduled activities end this week for the summer, school is slowing down and the sun is shining. Life is good and God has blessed us with so much.

2 comments:

  1. Bekki, I really like the garden plot in the front yard. It will look great when it is finished. The shape is perfect.It will be a good project for the kids to take the rocks out. Looks like kitty is enjoying the chair. the kids pictures are so refreshing. The one of the boys is really good. It won't be long before Miles and Owen will be mowing the lawn. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO good to see all of the fun things you guys have been up to. LOVE all your projects... We're working on another box for you but I was holding off until I knew if you moved so you didn't have to haul a few more things! So glad to have you and your pictures back, tell your computer to behave!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails