Tuesday, June 30

About that black eye and other injuries

The black eye was mine. Gwen wanted to crawl into bed with me and snuggle one morning, and as she laid down she missed the pillow and got my eye. It made for some interesting comments and strange looks and got much worse before it got better! This photo is from the day after, it doesn't look to bad, just hurt to open and close the eye. A couple days later it got much darker and the bruising moved outward. It took about a week and a half for it to go away, she hit me hard!
The next week Miles sprained his arm and landed in the ER. We thought it was broken as he couldn't stop crying. That is not like him at all! thankfully it was just a really bad sprain, I would have felt so bad it he had broken it and had to have a cast in the summer with the heat! No pictures of that, I didn't have my camera with me that evening.
Then a few days ago Fiona stepped on a nail and riped off a chunk of the skin on her toe. She has been soaking it in Epsom salts and wearing two different shoes and showing everyone her injury. She is quite proud of it.

On Sunday night Gwen decided to stick a pencil up her nose. Of course there was blood everywhere! She was so scared and David rocked her to sleep. When she woke up in the morning she was talking about it.
"Mommy, you know when I stick something in my nose it tickles and blood goes all over: Fiona's bed, my hands, I think I don't do that again!"

Not to be left out Owen fell off the tag a long backwards and tire burned his back. I am praying that we have no more injuries this summer. That's enough for me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! So many injuries! Fiona looks like she is enjoying herself. The pencil up Gwen's nose is sure funny. Not really but leave it up to kids to do those things. Carson stuck sunflower seeds up his nose and ate any crayons he could get his hands on. Oh yes and when he was 1 year old he loved to eat dirt! He was also the one who stepped on a nail and a needle, and dropped a Pepsi bottle on his toe when he was 5.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails