Thursday, October 14

Baked Burritos

I pulled these out when my Mom was visiting. My parents don't usually eat ground beef in their cooking, but my Mom loved these burritos. She even asked for the recipe. So here it is. :)001
1 pound ground beef
30 ounces refried beans(or 2-15 ounce cans)
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning(or one envelope)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup(you can find the homemade version here).
1 cup sour cream
1 cup yogurt
10 medium whole wheat tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
FREEZER STEP: brown meat, stir in beans and taco seasoning. Set aside. Mix together soup, yogurt, and sour cream, pour half of mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, save the other half for later. Spread a portion of meat mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place filled tortillas in baking dish seam side down. Cover with the remaining sauce, carefully so the tortillas don't dry out. Grate cheddar cheese and freeze in a separate bag attached to dish.
TO PREPARE: Thaw and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 15 minutes more.
TIPS:  I make my own refried beans as they are so easy to do and keep some on hand in the freezer. Instead of typing out how I do that you can go here. I usually divide the recipe into 2 8x8 dishes and freeze in smaller portions that are perfect for the size of my family. I have cooked this from frozen before. I just cover the dish with foil and bake until it is warm in the center. Then remove the foil, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for about 15 more minutes, It usually takes about an hour this way.

2 comments:

  1. Yum Yum. I think I will make these next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember how I happened upon your blog but I just finished making your refried beans and I had to come back to get the cream of mushroom soup recipe so I can make these yummy sounding burritos! I have a feeling all three will be new favorites in our house. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails