Wednesday, December 15

Zuppa Toscana

Ever wish you could have some of those restaurant dishes at home so you don't have to go out and spend the money? Or wish you could create a healthier version with better ingredients? Look no further! This recipe tastes just like it does at the popular restaurant. I was so excited to try it.  It was so yummy! My son summed it up well. "Mom, this one's a keeper for sure"! While it's not necessarily a freezer meal, I did cook the sausage before hand. Everything else was done the day we ate it, it was very easy to throw together.

006
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1½ tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb sliced Russet potatoes( I used red potatoes that I had)
¼ of a bunch of kale
TO PREPARE: Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, set aside. In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil. Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour. Add the heavy cream and just cook until heated.  Stir in the sausage and the kale, let all heat through and serve.
Recipe from Tuscanrecipies.com

3 comments:

  1. That sounds positively delicious!! I will definitely give this a try. (Glad that you're feeling well and blogging again!! I missed you!! Sounds like you were dealing with some seriously scary stuff! And I've gotta ask... did you have your family complain about your hair all over the place? 'Cause I'm doing my postpartum shed still and I was told today that I was "gross" because it's everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this recipe tonight, THANKS for sharing it Bekki, it was super yummy! Going into my "favorite recipes binder"

    YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails