Well I finally finished cooking last night. I had one meal left on my list so I decided to make it for dinner and then freeze the extras. Here are some of the things that went on this weekend, along with some reminders to myself. I think bullets will make it easier to write it all down. It was a crazy weekend for sure and there are many reasons it took me so long. Such is life, it's never perfect, but always worth living.
- Next time I cook remind me to follow my own advice. It really makes sense!
- For example: Only choose one new recipe to try. It takes time to learn a new set of directions.
- Preparation the night before is necessary to saving time on cooking day. Wish I had remembered that. Sigh.
- Its ok if it takes longer that 3 days to finish. Its still DONE!
- Our dishwasher broke, this really wasn't an issue with cooking as I reuse so many of the pots anyway, but there are still dishes from the meals. Remember that it makes a nice drying rack or storage space when out of room on the counters.
- My husband was not feeling well(and still isn't) I needed to take time to take care of him and the children. Instead of him watching them for me.
- Don't forget important dates in your life. It was our anniversary, I forgot and then remembered so we took Saturday evening to go out to dinner and then have cake for desert.
- We had fun! Some of the children are really able to help out now that they are older.
- Children discussing who gets to grate the cheese? Music to my ears as I did not have to do it! They also helped peel the garlic, measure out spices, and stir the pots.
- Plan to incorporate the children helping the next time I cook. Yes, it must be planned or they constantly ask me what they can do next. This is actually a good problem. :)
- I made 65 meals, more than I expected, and there are 4 more in the freezer left over.
- Do the math right when adding up pounds of meat. Its no fun to have to go back to the store because I forgot something. Twice.
- I thought of a good method for freezing in small spaces. I will share that soon.
- Now I must go clean the kitchen, the floor is a bit sticky.
That about sums it up. ALL DONE! I do have lots of new to you recipes to share. This is my winter rotation menu, and I added a couple of new ones in this time.