Tuesday, September 24

weekend review


It was another busy weekend here at our house. The tomatoes are still coming in so I made another batch of spaghetti sauce. It's taking me longer this year due to how juicy the tomatoes are. I tend to dice them and then let them sit overnight and then strain some of the water out of them before I make the sauce. It seems to be working and I am getting the thickness we like, It just takes a bit more time.


3/4 of a bushel of carrots!


 David spent Saturday cleaning up the yard and garden. He tilled in the old bean rows and harvested the carrots. This is the first time we have gotten a decent crop out of our little garden. I am so excited to have carrots. I hope to can some of them for winter storage. We don't have a good root cellar to keep them over until spring. I'll put that one on the list for someday.

After tilling he and the children planted buckwheat for our cover crop. Hopefully we can harvest it and eat it as a little experiment. I do wish we had more space to grow everything we need. However God provides and this little patch have given us an abundant harvest this year.


I managed to take some time to get to the good will. I am on the hunt for more jars as most of mine are full. I was blessed with 27 jars on Wednesday last week from a friend at church. I had forgotten that I mentioned I was looking for more! Then I came across 24 more for 50 cents each. Usually I don't pay that much for jars but when you need them it's still cheaper than new ones. I like older jars better anyway they tend to not break as easily for me. Oops, I must have all ready started to wash them when I took the photo.



I also found this little bread box. It will fit right in in my kitchen and it was only a dollar. I love little finds like this.


How was your weekend? 

1 comment:

  1. If you're attempting to lose fat then you absolutely have to start using this brand new personalized keto plan.

    To produce this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and cooks joined together to develop keto meal plans that are effective, convenient, cost-efficient, and satisfying.

    From their launch in early 2019, thousands of people have already transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a professional keto plan can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails