Monday, October 19

We're not moving...

...until after Christmas! Can I just tell you how excited about this I am?!!! I was willing to do what my husband wanted, no problem we could live in an apartment, and start our life in New Jersey and frantically get this house ready to sell. BUT I was really disappointed about missing out on the Christmas festivities here.

You see, when we moved the last time it was our anniversary and the beginning of November. We spent our 7th anniversary on a plane, sitting on a runway for 2 hours, pregnant with three small children. Now how is that for romantic? Then we went to my parents for Thanksgiving so that wasn't to bad, but Christmas was NOT the same. We were staying in a small apartment with no extra space and all of our things mostly in boxes. Now don't get me wrong we still loved celebrating Jesus birth and worshiping our Lord as a family, but we knew no one, and it just didn't feel like Christmas and I was prepared to do that all over again(well not the airplane part), but I really didn't want to.

So I began praying asking God to show me a way to bring this up to my husband that didn't sound silly or not thankful for him providing for us and wanting to keep the family together during the transition.
On Friday he comes home from work and said, "I've been talking with out realtor and he thinks it would be a good idea to wait until the spring housing market to sell. Amen! I didn't even have to say anything! God is so good.
Yes, it's just a trivial issue overall, but God cares about all of the details of our lives even the trivial ones. This was such a wonderful reminder of that.

So we will be staying through until February. I will host Thanksgiving with my family, the annual Christmas tea for the ladies at our church, decorate my house, celebrate with friends and family, and not have to spent our 10th wedding anniversary sitting on a runway with 3(now 4) small children.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet wife and woman of God you are! And thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog. I am so glad that you did....I have been reading up on your blog and am just tickled to have "met" you. Your family is adorable...I love the applesauce pictures....very cute. Your cabinet makeover was amazing!!! Isn't it amazing what a bit of paint can do to a piece of furniture?
    Blessings to you,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, if you have a question please leave an e-mail address so I can return your question with an answer. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails